One look at the Beckstrom Instagram feed and you can tell that this family is full of love. Selmira is the mother of 2 adorable children and her blog, The Beckstrom Burrow is all about sharing her families’ joys, adventures, activities and even some delicious recipes. Her mantra is “A simple life is a beautiful life” and we think that perfectly sums up what Bearpaw is all about. We’re so happy to have her as one of our Bearpaw ambassadors so take a moment to learn a little more about Selmira!
- Can you tell us a little about yourself?
I’m a full time working career woman, and a mom to 2 boys! Miles is almost 2 1/2 years old and Henri is 6 weeks. We live outside of the Boston area, and love spending time outdoors as a family. In the summer we love hiking, camping, canoeing. My instagram is a place where I can share our family memories while building a community and supporting other moms.
- What inspired you to join the Bearpaw Ambassador program?
When I saw the opportunity, I thought it would be so fun to try for a new experience, so far it’s been so great to be a part of the Bearpaw family!
- What do you feel makes you unique?
I’m not sure anything makes me unique, I’m just a mom, trying to raise kind humans and make a difference in the world.
- How would you describe your style?
My style is very casual and comfortable, I’m very busy and have to be able to look put together quickly!
- Who has been the biggest influence on your style?
I usually look toward my mom friends on Instagram for style and recommendations!
- What do you do in your spare time?
Hanging out with my little family, soaking up as much outdoor time as we can, I also love to read in the spare minutes I get to myself. Of course, then I have to find time for household chores, but that doesn’t take as long thanks to house appliances! Obviously, it can be annoying when they’re not working, but companies like https:www.BristolApplianceFix.com can be contacted to repair any appliances that are faulty. That ensures that I can get my chores done as quickly as possible.
- What is your go-to fashion look?
I’m usually very casual, a pair of comfy jeans, a cute top and some simple accessories!
- What are your top 5 pieces from Bearpaw?
Hard to pick 5! My favorite shoes from the fall season were the Krista, I still wear them every day, so comfortable. My son also loved his meadow boots, we got lots of use out of them this never ending winter. From the spring line so far, my favorites are the summer, glenda and noelle!
- How do you #livelifecomfortably?
We take each day as it comes, enjoying the slow days and the busy days. We love spending as much time as we can outdoors.
- What skill would you like to master?
Food prepping! I know it would make life so much easier, but I somehow can only stick to it for a week!
- What fictional place would you most like to go?
Hogwarts!! I’m a huge Harry Potter nerd.
- What songs have you completely memorized?
Wheels on the Bus! Ha! My favorite band is Coldplay, and I know most of their lyrics.
- Are you usually early or late?
Definitely early, I get anxiety being late.
- What are some small things that make your day better?
Waking up to sunshine, a good cup of coffee, a decent traffic day into work.
- What would be your ideal way to spend the weekend?
Sleeping in, making breakfast with the family, and adventuring outside afterwards. Finishing the day of with a glass of wine.
- What’s the best single day on the calendar?
Besides the birth of my children and my wedding day, definitely day light savings! Give me all the sunlight hours.
- What’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home?
It would be our Hawaii trip last October, it was amazing and I can’t wait to go back!
- What’s the best way to start the day?
With a full nights sleep (a mom can dream right?), sunshine, coffee and music
- What movie title best describes your life?
- What quirks do you have?
I’m really a total nerd, love reading, science, and can’t handle large social gatherings!
For more from Selmira: