Our Bearpaw Ambassador Candy Waltrip is the definition of wanderlust. Her blog, The Travel Pockets is an exciting collection of her adventures along with her sister. Candy has an effortless grace and a contagious laugh! We’re so lucky to have her on our team, get to know her a bit more with our 20 questions….
- Can you tell us a little about yourself?
I’m Candy and I’m half Japanese half American. I spent the first part of my life in Japan and the second half here in the United States. My sister and I love to travel and began sharing our adventures on our blog, Travel Pockets.
- What inspired you to join the Bearpaw ambassador program?
I was already a fan of Bearpaw, so when the opportunity arose it was a no brainer to support the brand I loved.
- What do you feel makes you unique?
I feel like everyone is unique for being who they are, so just be you! 🙂
- How would you describe your style?
I like to mix things up and don’t really stick to one particular style. My favorite styles right now are boho and athleisure.
- Who has been the biggest influence on your style?
I don’t have a particular person or brand that influences my style. I get inspiration from all sorts of outlets from traveling, social media, or even my friends and family.
- What do you do in your spare time?
I love to cook! I really want to learn how to cook more Indian food.
- What is your go-to fashion look?
Currently, I would have to say casual-chic.
- What are your top 5 pieces from Bearpaw?
- How do you #livelifecomfortably?
I love dressing up, but staying comfortable plays a huge part in my wardrobe selection. Just like everything else in life, I like to approach things with a mix of style & comfort.
- What skill would you like to master?
Making my own pasta and excel.
- What fictional place would you most like to go?
- What songs have you completely memorized?
Recently…none! I’ve been stuck on podcasts and haven’t really listened to much music lately.
- Are you usually early or late?
5-10 min early
- What are some small things that make your day better?
Sunshine and a yummy cup of tea.
- What would be your ideal way to spend the weekend?
Exploring a new city with friends/family.
- What’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home?
When I was living in Florida. My family lives in Japan, so I’ve been away from home for a while now.
- What’s the best way to start the day?
Having a good healthy breakfast.
- What movie title best describes your life?
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
- What quirks do you have?
I think I laugh too much…even when things aren’t funny.
For more from Candy: